Central Illinois Neuropsychological Services provides professional guidance to individuals to initiate a positive change in their lives. Dr. Beverly Matthews is a qualified clinical psychologist with a certificate in clinical neuropsychology who is dedicated to providing the proper insight and treatments to her patients, helping them live long, healthy lives.
Dr. Matthews is a lifelong Central Illinois resident. She is aware of the values and heritage of Central Illinois residents. This combined with a practice geared toward considering the social context of all behavior allows her to practice from an objective perspective. She is a volunteer with a number of organizations in the Macon County area believing that social interest is an integral part of the person.
Contact Dr. Beverly Matthews
- Office Phone: 217.876.7929
- Fax Number: 217.876.7950
We are located off of US Rt 51 in the Hickory Point Professional Suites building Suite 260, next to Cracker Barrel.
In Springfield we are located two blocks west of Illinois Dept. of Human-Services.
Please be advised, if you are unable to keep your appointment with CINS, you MUST give 24 hours notice of your cancellation. Failure to give a 24 hour cancellation notice will result in a $50.00 fee.
Dr. Beverly Matthews PsyD is the owner and clinician at Central Illinois Neuropsychological Services in Decatur, Illinois. She practices from a neuropsychological perspective, incorporating the brain behavior relationship into each individual she evaluates and treats.
Dr. Matthews PsyD has experience in Rehabilitation Psychology having worked both inpatient and outpatient services. She is a graduate of Adler School of Professional Psychology, with a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and Certificate in Clinical Neuropsychology. She received training at Saint Clare’s Hopital in Alton, IL, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, in the Memory and Aging Clinic, BroMenn Regional Medical Center, in Normal, IL, Christian County Counseling Center, and Lincolnland Community College. She is a former faculty member University of Illinois Psychology Department and Adler School of Professional Psychology.
- Certificate of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Continuing Education 2016
- Dual Recovery from Trauma and Addiction
- Bipolar: An Updated Slant on the Disorder
- Ethical Practice for Mental Health Professionals
- Brain Trauma, Concussion and Dementia
- Advances in Understanding Management of ADHD in Children and Adolescents
- Current Topics in Neuropsychology
Continuing Education 2015
- Brain Based Therapy/Integrating Science with Theory & Practice (John Arden PhD)
- Treating Patients with Trauma (David Burns MD)
- The Aging Brain: Assessments, Treatments and Interventions for Alzheimer’s Disease and other Dementias.
- Update on Psychopharmacotherapy and Therapeutic Neuromodulation (Janicak)
- Concealed Carry and Revealed Obligations- all day conference
Continuing Education 2014
- Knowledge and Tools to Manage Your Relationship with BCBS – (local) – 1 hour Certificate of Attendance
- Legal and Ethical Issues Affecting Human Services Providers- Kopels JD/MSW- 6 hours
- Psychoactive Substance Abuse Disorders-Cusack PsyD-6.5 hours
- Hoarding and Chronic Mental Illness-(presented) 1 hour
- Women in Transition and Anxiety-Wehrenberg PsyD – 6 hours
- DSM-5: An Overview of Changes and Challenges-Vandiver Dr.PH 6 hours
- Advances in Rural Practice – 7 hours
- Understanding Dementia – 6 hours
- Art Therapy and Anxiety 7th Annual Scientific Conference on Healthy Brain Aging/Alzheimer’s Disease Risk and Protective Factors
- 7th Annual Practicing in the Shadow of the Courts: Legal Issues for Mental Health Professionals-16 credit hours
- Past Chairperson, Macon County Alliance for Behavioral Health & Maturity
- Macon County Elder Abuse Team (M Team) (former member)
- Starting Point Advisory Council
- IL Psychological Assoc. Health Care Reimbursement Committee (former member)(co-chair)
- Governor’s Committee for Development of policies and procedures to treat self-neglect in the elderly (former member)
- Department of Professional Regulation State Psychology Licensing Board
- Central Illinois Psychological Society(past president and co-chair)
- Illinois Psychological AssociationFormer 217/618 Area Representative.
- American Psychological Association
- Division 40 of APA
- Macon County State’s Attorney’s Office Task Force for Financial Fraud in the Elderly.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
- Certificate in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Leader in the Diabetes Self-Management Program
Honors and Awards
- Who’s Who in Science and Engineering 2000-2001
- Oustanding People in the 20th Century
- Who’s Who in American Women
- Psi Chi National Honor Society
- Dean’s List, Fall Semester, 1991-University of Illinois
Click below to read the following articles written by Dr. Matthews.
Please contact us to learn more about our services and schedule an appointment.To schedule an appointment please fill out the form below.
Central Illinois Neuropsychological Services
5130 Hickory Point Frontage Road #260
Decatur, IL 62526
By Appointment Only
215 South Grand Avenue West
Springfield, IL 62704